New methodology for cataract removal with dispersed solutions
SUCCESSFUL CATARACT OPERATIONS
The “gold” standard for cataract removal – a seamless operation lasting up to 5 minutes, suitable for even the most complex cases. It involves the implantation of the intraocular lens RAYNER, allowing the patient to regain excellent visual acuity.
Modern eye protection (viscoelast) is used during the operation. Surgery is performed using an advanced microsurgical microscope and special medical equipment (phacoemulsifier). The patient’s state of health is closely monitored by an anesthesiologist who has all the necessary monitoring complex and is ready to provide emergency care.
How is the cataract removal method iQ-5 MINUTES different from conventional cataract microsurgery?
- as the name of the method itself suggests, such operation takes no more than 5 minutes. This is very important because the eye experiences less stress during shorter surgery;
- only English eye protection measures RAYNER are used during the operation. They are very expensive and only our eye clinic “New Vision” has the exclusive right to use them in the Baltic States;
- when removing a damaged lens of the eye we practically do not use ultrasound (instead we use special solutions), so the contact with the surface of the eye is minimal;
- we ensure independent medical supervision. The course of each operation is unique, as is the human eye, thus the operations are recorded so that the work of the microsurgeon can be analyzed later and the quality of the medical care provided can be checked. Data from the microscope is automatically transmitted via dedicated server to the company’s offices in London and Vilnius, where they are reviewed by independent medical control specialists. The video evaluates the parameters of aspiration, irrigation and ultrasound, the speed of the microsurgeon’s work, the correctness of the action and the tactics of the operation;
- excellent visual acuity is restored after implantation of an intraocular lens RAYNER (UK). By the way, only the eye clinic “New Vision” in the Baltic States has a unique opportunity to use these lenses. These are extremely expensive materials, so public hospitals and small local budget medical centers simply cannot afford them;
- the surgery is performed in a computerized “future” operating room with modern air purification and sterility systems. This ensures the creation of a laminar flow in the air environment in accordance with EU standards;
- we use modern instrument sterilization systems, as well as disposable materials in accordance with EU standards.